In keeping with the truly universal "theme" of this Christmas weekend, I share a photo of Layla asleep in the straw. Layla is, at best, hard of hearing but a very cheerful, quiet, fun, "fluffy" Beagle entrusted to Silverwalk Hounds by my St. Louis friend, Kelly. Layla LOVES food. When she didn't come to supper one day, I went looking for her. It was the day dogs got out the door who should have stayed in and I was sure (wasn't I?) Layla had not been one of them. Wasn't in the yard, wasn't in the field, not in the house....wait, which house? I found Layla comfortably asleep in the straw in the huge donated home made dog house. Sweet dreams, Layla! Once she realized I was there, she bounced ahead of me to her supper.
Thank you, Pauley James, for giving Dog Blessed @ Silverwalk the Liebster Award! I took German in high school, all those years ago and had to look up "award." Danke, danke :). Bloggers supporting each other not only in our writing but in our avocations and love of pets is awesome; I, er, WE are very honored.
IF I did this correctly, one should (and really, you should!), click on the award to visit Pauley James, Failed Foster Baby. He, Mr. and Mrs. share their generous home with foster dogs and PUPPIES - oodles of puppies (ti seems). One prayer for 2012 is to help more families foster pets (and maybe fail).
Part of receiving this award is to pass it on to 5 other bloggers and send them a note making them aware of their well deserved award (I blush as I say that). "Liebster" means "dearest;" this award is to encourage up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers - we want you to know your voice is read and heard :).
1) Adventures of the Unwanted Pit Bull, MAC - my friend R. rescued this adorable pibble from a certain horrible life; he is a great dog - you would like him, Pauley! R. is a photographer, as you see.
2) The St. Louis Senor Dog Project Blog - Ellen keeps us up to date on the joys and needs of the dogs being saved through this project, and not all are seniors.
3) Dobermann Daze - a new blog about Kyuss and his owner and Dobies (of which Justus is large part - 60#!)
4) Woof Connections - a wonderful small rescue doing TONS for dogs in need - meet my friend, Allie.
5) The Royal Coonhounds - they are a HOOT as they keep their Lady busy :).
Wishing all of you a blessed Christmas season
and a wonderful New Year!