Then, THEN, Friday, doing errands, I check my phone and see a message from Scrappy; a rather cryptic message. She (yes, Scrappy is a she!) passed forward this lovely award given to her by Dachshund Nola. Oh, my.
1) My first love is the HORSE! Luke Skywalker (Thoroughbred) and Silver Dancer (Paint) are the reasons I have this small acreage.
2) "Silverwalk" comes from the names of my horses - Luke SkyWALKer and SILVER Dancer - Silverwalk.
3) Before moving to MO, I lived in MN, SD and MT. Believe me, this is the South (at least to this Yankee).
4) I like autocross; my favorite car is a Triumph Spitfire.
5) My mom made adopt Olive, a Beagle mix. The horses and cats weren't enough; I needed a DOG.
6) I had a lot of cancer and surgeries; I use a stomach tube to eat everything, even water.
7) After Oliver, I just kept adopting dogs till I decided I needed to do something MORE - like find them homes of their own, ergo Silverwalk Hounds aka Silverwalk Beagle & Hound Sanctuary, Inc.!
8) My youngest sister Nancy in Fairfax County, VA, runs the Shiloh Project - she works with at risk children and dogs together. She is so awesome. She also leads a band "Katz and the Stray Dogs."
9) I like science fiction, submarine boat stories and almost anything else...BOOKS rock.
10) When I am home, all 20 dogs sleep in the house - you may have guessed that from the photo a few entries back :).
The next expectation is to pass this award forward to 5 other blogs - there are so many I enjoy! but here goes:
- Barnyard of the Tragically Hip - few dogs but much creative truth
- Pauley James, Former Foster Baby - Pauley (with his Mr. and Mrs.), doing his best for fosters
- Pets Alive Blog - collaborating with whomever necessary to save dogs' lives
- From The House of Edward - everyone needs beauty; Pamela and Edward share in spades
- The Elka Almanac - though I am a hound person, I have Justus, a Dobie mix; thus, reading about Elka, her training and foibles gives me hope ("leave Annie alone, Justus!") - just sayin'
I read and enjoy a diverse number of blogs, mostly dog but some relating to simple living, keeping life beautiful and God centered among them. Thank you again, Scrappy - I am so enjoying your Christmas wishes.
Now, join the Saturday Blog hop! (I started this entry on Friday, so...)